View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #78
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
People often come here for the first time when they search the net for a problem they are having. MR comes up very high in search results for matters concerning ebooks, Kindle, and similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
MR is a *very* high visibility site.
When you search for something on Google and MR does have the info, the link here is among the very first results. So I can imagine that when you search for Closed Amazon Account, MR is among top results. Combine this with nice atmosphere here and the fact that most comments are written in good English in a cultured manner [when compared to many other sites ;-)].

This high Google ranking reflects the fact that MR is very friendly place with lots of competent people to answer questions about e-books and e-book readers. MR is also very often linked to from other sites, which helps with Google ranking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
This is very true. I have often joined a forum simply because of a problem I haven't been able to resolve and want to ask a specific question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
What do you mean, you find it interesting that..? Are you suggesting they vampires or flesh-eating zombies? Spit it out. I find your vague accusation distasteful.
I guess I was struggling to understand why, if there is a trend at Amazon to shoot first, and ask questions later - why long term MR kindle users weren't reporting occurances. ...however, these are very fair points - my apologies to the OP...
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote