View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #9
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post

Killed browsing? Has this guy ever used Amazon? That place hits my wallet more than going into any physical bookstore. I discover more titles there than I ever have on shelves. He even claims that publishers aren't putting out books people want to read. Huh? Trash has always been around, as have tons of good works. What, pray tell, sort of books does the author feel need to be published that aren't? He doesn't say, and doesn't know, because he pulled that claim out of his !@#.
This x1000. I died laughing when I read your post, because I was thinking that exact thing. I am pretty much ADDICTED to browsing on Amazon. It's like my hobby.

AND I agree that there have always been crap books, crap ideas, crap everything. That isn't new. People have always had bad ideas and people have always had good ideas.

I really love whenever anyone tries to blame the 'downfall' of something on any one thing. Firstly, reading is on an uptick, not a decline. So I'd like to know where he got his information. Secondly, just like everything in the history of the world, everything rises and falls and a lot of times rise again, and there isn't ever one thing, or sometimes anything at all, to blame.
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote