View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 06:58 AM   #12
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frikk View Post
what other tips do you guys have for pdfs? My text is a *little bit* grainy on the reader... any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by frikk View Post
Is there any way to force cropping? My one pdf i have has a watermark in the bottom left corner, but the entire book is only in the middle third. Very annoying - and pdfcrop auto detects and doesnt crop the sides. any ideas?
Maybe the individual pages are just images?! As you said they're "grainy", pages are just partly filled with text but cropping doesn't works (and reflow wouldn't do either)...

Sounds like scanned pages put together as PDF without any OCR. Is the PDF a big one (say 10MB+ instead of 1)? Especially with lots of tables, Illustrations and formulas OCR is nearly impossible and/or using the whole page as an image is way easier (I have some IT and RPG books like that).

If this is the case you need to save each individual page as an image and crop this before remaking the PDF (or using them as images). This free PDF viewer has very good features for PDF> IMG conversion: CLICK

gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote