View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #28
felonwan
Enthusiast
felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
What "outside charger"? Is it a smart charger? If not, it may not be following the correct charging algorithm required for the kindle battery.

And as mentioned before, perhaps your kindle battery is at end-of-life and has a total charge capacity too small for the kindle to be operational after it boots to the home screen (collections). A "dead" lithium ion battery will act identical to a much smaller GOOD battery, so you cannot rely on what a smart charger says, or what the measured voltage is after charging. You actually have to do a battery discharge analysis over time to determine the available capacity (health) of a lithium battery. Some smart chargers (like mine) have a USB port for a host PC connection, that lets you test a battery and graph the charge and discharge curves. If your measured available capacity is significantly less than the rated capacity, it can be considered "dead" (especially if it only has enough "juice" to boot up your kindle but nothing left to actually USE your kindle).

You really should try a different (newer) battery, even if you need to borrow it from another kindle.
My outside charger is universal for any phone lithium ion battery, the charging volt. is 4.2V and current is 100-300mA.

I tried to charge the battery in the Kindle a day and night, and now the info from k3flashser changed:

$sudo ./k3flasher mx35to2_mmc.bin info
I: found suitable device
E: wrong transfer length, wanted to receive 8 bytes but received 4 bytes.
I: above error can be ignored, it's due to the device being in ROM kernel mode
I: RAM kernel should be running now. Trying to re-open device: .
I: got it.
I: read info
(paused here for about one and a half minute)
E: reading data from device: LIBUSB_ERROR_OTHER
E: aborting. It is suggested you power-cycle the device.
sudo ./k3flasher mx35to2_mmc.bin program kernel ../imgs/mmcblk0p1.img
[sudo] password for wlf:
I: found suitable device
E: wrong transfer length, wanted to receive 8 bytes but received 4 bytes.
I: above error can be ignored, it's due to the device being in ROM kernel mode
I: RAM kernel should be running now. Trying to re-open device: .
I: got it.
(paused here for about one and a half minute)
E: reading data from device: LIBUSB_ERROR_OTHER
E: aborting. It is suggested you power-cycle the device.

Now I just leave the kindle charged again and wait...

What is the error "LIBUSB_ERROR_OTHER"?

Last edited by felonwan; 09-05-2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: detail
felonwan is offline   Reply With Quote