View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #146
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Shouldnt this post be in the I love sony forum???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
I bought a Kobo in the summer ... and it was fine ... not great but fine.

Then I bought my DH a PRS-650 ... and was amazed at how much cleaner and sharper the type was ... and when Walmart had them on sale, I purchased a PRS-650 for myself. I haven't regretted it.

That said, Kobo is a great entry level device ... but I do like the dictionary function of the Sony ... I also like the note taking function and the ability to listen to mp3 books on it while I'm in the car.

When the subject of Xmas presents for my step-daughters ... we decided on the PRS-650 for them as well.

Where is my Kobo now? I gave it to my son and daughter-in-law for cookbooks ... since their kitchen is too small to permit actual cookbooks on the counter as well as the paraphernalia associated with cooking. Kobo isn't the best for that function ... but it's not bad.

Why didn't I go for the Kobo WiFi? Because where I live there are no "hot spots" ... and from the reviews their dictionary sounded proprietorial ... which disturbed me. I wouldn't get the Kindle because of being "locked in" to its format etc.

Just my two cents.

Mary
Wrong forum you must of gotten lost looking for the sony forum
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote