View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #30
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Given the fact that the overwhelming majority of affiliates are less than open with you about the fact that they will get paid a percentage of EVERYTHING you buy at Amazon within 24h of clicking their link - if, indeed, they even disclose the fact that you ARE clicking an affiliate link, which few of them tell you - I find it difficult to feel any sympathy about this.
Harry - Every affiliate MUST disclose their relationship with Amazon. There is required wording from Amazon for every site, plus the disclosures that are required by the FTC. Many put it on every page, some on an "about" page (to avoid violating Adsense rules, which don't allow adsense ads on the page that tells you that Adsense is used).

Personally, in addition to the above, I try to include at least one post that discloses this each year (even then, I'm sure it sounds like begging to some, but it is required disclosure).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote