View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
Jaede
Enthusiast
Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaede ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I actually find this thread comforting. You see, recently Amazon replaced my K3 due to a cracked bezel. To overcome my anxiety through the process, I convinced myself that my original Kindle's soul was transferred into the new one via calibre.

Thanks to this thread, I feel less crazy. Thank you. But I have no idea what will happen if I get the Sony T1 that I'm considering. I've no intention of getting rid of my K3 - she's my first and true love. But I do worry.
I got the Sony T1. That was what I thought would be the reader to take the place of the Simple Touch in my heart. I cheated on the Nook with Sony, and found myself feeling terrible. The Sony did not live up to my expectations. Sure, it's got some neat features. Current book cover screensavers, and and custom screensavers, along with an MP3 player that shuffles, but if you load it up with too many books it freezes, and complains, and just doesn't want to do the work. That, and it's author sort is backwards to the Nook. Much pain in Calibre.

I'm not sure the Nook forgave me when I sold the Sony, and came crawling back, but what else could I do? I also had the K3 for a little bit, but I'm a sucker for the current book screensaver thing. As much as I liked the Kindle I couldn't stand the dead authors every time I put it too sleep. I think they were accusing me of E-Reader unfaithfulness.

You're not crazy. Every Reader out there has a soul. Not too get too religious, or to offend anyone who is, but I think that the library you build is actually a piece of your own soul. Move it from reader to reader without forcing it to change too much, and everything should be alright.

See! How can you possibly be crazy among something so logical and sane as loving books?
Jaede is offline   Reply With Quote