View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #66
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Bravo, Morkl

I love the new customised font-sizes. I can now get the perfect size for my 7 different customised font-faces in varying lighting conditions without needing to reconnect to the PC. The Sony 'set default font-size' also works for me.

If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions about the reader.xml file. So far I made my changes to section <fontSizeTableEpub> only:
  • What do sections <fontSizeTable>, <fontSizeTableXmdf> and <fontSizeTableDotbook> control?
  • For fontsize sections I am not intending to change, e.g. <fontSizeTablePdf>, can these sections be removed from reader.xml so that they default to Sony's original values? I'd prefer not to give myself the option to change them by accident. Normally, I'd just try it and see, but I'm worried that deleting them may have dire consequences.
The Reader picks a font size table based on the mime-type of the open document, so EPUBs use fontSizeTableEpub, PDFs uses fontSizeTablePdf, plain text files use fontSizeTableText, XMDFs use fontSizeTableXmdf, .BOOKs use fontSizeTableDotBook and everything else uses fontSizeTable. I guess maybe some of the font size tables aren't used, since the PRS-T1 doesn't (officially, at least) support all those formats.

Anyhow, it uses the stock version of any table it doesn't find in the XML, so it should be safe to erase the ones you don't use.
Morkl is offline   Reply With Quote