View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
Here's the debug text:

Starting up...
Started up in 6.1850001812
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: dirs are: G:\ documents
DEBUG: 0.8 USBMS: count found in cache: 38, count of files in metadata: 39, need_sync: True
This line indicates that a book showed up that wasn't there the last time calibre connected. Is this reasonable/expected?
Quote:
DEBUG: 0.8 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 0.9 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 0.9 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 0.9 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= carda
DEBUG: 0.9 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= cardb
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 7.0 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
The six seconds from when it finished getting books to this sync is somewhat disturbing. What is your metadata management setting?
Quote:
DEBUG: 7.2 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
Job: 3 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
get_metadata cache: 3176 calls, 99.94% misses

As I mentioned this connection was extremely fast, like I'm used to, and was unremarkable. The connection afterward was substantially slower but still an improvement.
Would you consider running with debug on for a while, as a matter of course? I would like to understand where the time differences come from, and you might catch one. No urgency, really.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote