View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #19
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Device: Guttenberg Bible
The Downtown bus pulled up in front of a run down Spanish Revival in Outer Hollywood. Two socks rolled out the back door and shuffled into the office that had a sign over it that said, "Pay the laddy at the door!" Under it was written in pencil: I really mean it this time, Adrian!

They rolled into the room, where a fat, graying man with really bad taste in clothes was talking on the phone.

"I know that there weren't any Grumman Gooses -- Geese -- whatever, in 1935! That's why I want you to cast a Howard Hughes! Do I have to do everything myself? Look, I gave you the day off from the door so that you could get the location permits! ... What do you mean that Havana isn't available? ... Stupid politicians! That was before I was born and they don't have it figured out yet? Look, you may be related to me, but if you don't get something ... Yeah, Peoria would work. I know a few people who are good with computers. We can subcontract to that French firm if I can sweet talk her into working for me again. ... How about the dog? I want a Jack Russell! ... The actor knows someone? Great! Hire him!"

The man looked down at the socks and said, "I don't have any meds that will work for you guys, so scram!"

Hugo pushed forward and held up the clipping from Variety. The fat man looked at it and said, "Well, I was hoping more for a handbag and some pretzels, but you'll do! You're hired!"

"Oh! and how do you feel about working with animals?"

In the corner, a squid and a small blue frog looked up from their game of backgammon.

Last edited by pshrynk; 09-25-2009 at 12:03 PM.
psockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote