View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #175
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
(snip)

It's much different in fields like yours where you have probably hundreds and hundreds of studies on the topics you work on.
It varies. Some of the papers I worked on had probably only 50 or 60 references. The grant applications my boss would ask us to proofread probably had 200+. At that point I *definitely* couldn't keep them straight. There was a set of about a dozen core papers I could keep mostly straight without looking. But when I actually checked on myself, "mostly straight" was about 80% of the time, which wasn't good enough, so I verified every cite, every time. A lot of work, but I thought it was worth it to avoid potential embarrassment.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote