Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Someone's got to touch it, so I'll do it.

I would like the second Classics month to start pushing up the daisies. 18 of 39 winners have been published prior to 1941 which corresponds to some 70-year number I read some where as a cutoff for Classic. We don't need a Classics category to ensure we pay hommage to the dead.

I've got two options for the second Classics month: Youth or Prize Winner. As I wrote in another thread, we have younger readers on MobileRead so let's get them involved in the book club. Throw in the fact that there have been some pretty highly rated Youth books over the years and I don't think we'd lose out on quality of selections. Prize Winners would be as Elfwreck corrected me any prize winner, whether that was Giller or Pulitzer or Basketweaver's of America Book of the Year.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote