View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #22
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Let me put it like this:
Would you buy an audio-player that:
a) supports only a proprietary system
b) supports only music bought in a single shop and NON of the widespread formats and doesn't allow you to play that music on ANY other device? Not even your PC?
No, Amazon is far worse than Apple.
I think they screwed this up for good - and I seriously hope they will fail with this. Fail hard. The alternative is just to scary to be mentioned here.
Okay, I warned you.
If the kindle is a success, I see a future where Amazon kind-of replaces Microsoft. Only Amazon will sell new eBooks and only Amazons devices will play them.

Am I disappointed? Yes.
How can a company be so fucking braindead to
a) learn NOTHING from the music-industry (to much DRM kills a market. To many filetypes kill a market, to closed systems kill a market)
b) insist on bringing ALL devices to the US market and NON to any other market - what is the sense in this? Okay, there is none. It is just braindead stupid.

ARGL. I just hope they fail like noone failed before.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote