View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #10
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
chaley, I've upgraded my phone to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with the latest prerelease of CC. Having decided to make a fresh start with CC, I deleted all books on the phone and reinstalled CC.

I'm currently confused about what folders I should be pointing CC to. As far as I can tell, Jelly Bean now has the USB storage (internal storage) as /storage/sdcard0, and my external SD card as /storage/extSdCard. The confusing part is that in ES Explorer I can still see /sdcard0 as /sdcard, which also has a folder /storage/sdcard0/external_sd.

I first set CC's default folder to /storage/extSdCard/Books and further set it up so my epubs go into /storage/extSdCard/Books/ePub. I then connected CC to calibre, only to get this error:

Code:
calibre, version 1.5.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

u'free_space_on_device'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 511, in _sync_booklists
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 1064, in free_space
KeyError: u'free_space_on_device'
Where should I be pointing the folders to? It looks like a lack of free space issue, but that can't be it, because the external card is totally empty. USB storage also has around 9GB free.

I've also tried /storage/sdcard0/external_sd/Books as default folder and /storage/sdcard0/external_sd/Books/ePub for the ePubs, and get the same error as above. calibre side log included here, let me know if you need to see the CC log as well.

ETA: I did some reading on the Android system, figured out what was going on with the symlinks and where to point CC to to get my books on the external card. Since /mnt/sdcard and /storage/sdcard0/ are apparently now the same place, I made sure CC's default folder was set to /storage/extSdCard/Books, with the ePub folder in it as ../Books/ePub.

Connecting as wireless device with no books in CC triggers the error I reported earlier, but downloading a single test book through the content server put the book right where it's supposed to be, and no errors occur.

I then connected again as Wireless Device, and everything's working again as normal, no errors. Sent 200 books over to the device with no problems via Reading List plugin. Only change was whether or not there's a book in CC's folders that was already in calibre's library. I deleted all my books off the device and repeated the experiment, with the same result. I'll send you the debug logs.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpt3obp_.txt (11.7 KB, 431 views)

Last edited by Sefiriot; 09-30-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote