View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
I would recommend exactly what theducks said (just changing the magnification slider in Sigil's bottom right corner).

If you have no HTML/CSS knowledge, it would most likely be very tough for you to fix the actual code throughout the entire book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstick View Post
Although the book looks great on Kindle, Nook etc, the font size displayed in Sigil is so small as to be sub-microscopic.
Most likely the reason the text is so small on Sigil is this nonsense/frustrating CSS some conversion companies typically use.

I ripped this CSS right out of one of the converted books that I recently got my hands on:

Code:
p.indent{
	font-size:small;
	margin-bottom:0em;
	margin-top:0em;
	text-align:justify;
	text-indent:2em;
}

h1.chn{
	text-indent: 0em;
	font-size: x-large;
	font-weight: bold;
	margin-left:0em;
	margin-top:4em;
	padding-bottom:1.2em;
	text-align: left;
}
Every single class seems to use "font-size: x-small, small, medium, large, x-large" throughout the entire book.... which quite often leads to some confusing spaghetti code (trying to fix one error with the CSS causes many more problems, and it becomes tough to find the exact cause of the problem).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstick View Post
Right now, as I'm just beginning, all I want to do is edit some back matter links & delete some old cover images.
Good luck, if you happen to need any more help, please post more questions.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote