Thread: Dictionary FAQ
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #19
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasida View Post
I've gotten to the point where I can use one dictionary to go from English to Chinese and another dictionary to go from Chinese to English, but I can't do instant lookup from a Chinese ebook.
The word lookup used to only work with languages that use the Latin alphabet, however, with latest firmware updates Kindle 3 and higher support non-Latin language lookup dictionaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasida View Post
Apparently Duokan can do this, but Duokan doesn't work on the Kindle Touch.
It appears that the Duokan developers are working on versions for K4s. They released a K4NT version this week and I wouldn't be surprised if they followed up with versions for other Kindles.

Resources For Kindle – Kindle 资源收集 offers free Chinese-English dictionaries for download, but I don't know if they work on the Kindle Touch.

Last edited by Doitsu; 10-31-2012 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Updated to reflect digbybare's post below.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote