View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
However, I was able to create a higher contrast family by mixing Caecilia Bold and Caecilia Heavy. I used Caecilia Bold / Bold Italic for the Roman and Italic fonts, then used Caecilia Heavy / Heavy Italic for the corresponding Bold fonts. I am wondering if this is how Amazon does it also with the Kindle, as it results in a significant contrast improvement.
I confirm this seems to be what they have done. Thanks for the tip. I find this bold / heavy font kinda ugly, but oh so clear. Normal Caecilia just doesn't cut it after the bold / heavy. And the nasty Dutch Roman that comes with the 650? Yikes! What were Sony thinking? They add a pearl screen and install one crap font. Duh.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote