View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #35
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Not surprising they are more sensitive about their cash cow.

They probably won't let you write ... the staggered releases are also competing with the free varieties of the old books that have been there for years.

I imagine this one will get scanned very quickly.

Tor (the in charge suits at higher levels, anyway - senior exec type wrote recently he can't see any market for digital books, and that is who is driving this ship) are basically a lost cause I think. They are clearly going the 'we don't want to sell many' route of high prices, delays, and widespread unavailability.

This sets up a similar situation to the Stephen King delay tactics, which let some Wal-Mart guy go 'Cool, no ebook to compete with - how about we use this as an advertising stunt!'

Also lets someone get a paperback priced hardback to chop the spine off and scan rather cheaply, too.

Now pastiche Jordan interest isn't of the same order of magnitude of as King of course but the same thing could happen if they felt like it. Jordan books I have seen in places like Target etc. here before, anyway.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote