View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
richardigp
Enthusiast
richardigp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Amuzulo, you said any answer, so here goes....

So the answer is no regarding the automated script, but the manual method is only a couple of hours of work. Certainly faster than writing a script that traverses URLs and sorts out the content from the "not content"!

I created this ePub in about 10 minutes by copying the text straight into an eScape template in Open Office and formatting it with the default eScape styles. My Dutch is a little rusty (read non-existant), so I cannot say it is all intact, correct or OK.

This 38 chapter book would take 2-3 hours to convert to ePub, with the pleasure of reading as you work. Writing the script would probably take 2-3 days and then be unreliable. I have attached a doc file (imagine my shock when I discovered the "open" mobileread forum didn't support upload of ODT! It's a scandal!). This doc file will have to be opened in Open Office, then saved as ODT and exported as XHTML.

I have also attached an ePub from the intro and two chapters that may serve as an inspiration. A little effort can give rewards.

The fact is there isn't a script for everything in life, and some things are better done manually. This may be one of them. For what its worth, hope that helps. If you don't have / use / want to use Open Office at least you have two chapters!
Attached Files
File Type: epub Max_Havelaar.epub (51.8 KB, 400 views)
File Type: doc Max_Havelaar.doc (87.0 KB, 495 views)

Last edited by richardigp; 03-14-2009 at 02:25 PM.
richardigp is offline   Reply With Quote