View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #120
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
No idea if the provider hack still really works, had it until 3.2, but removed it ..., in the OP there is a statement, that it is not valid since jb for 3.1 any more. Anyone more infos about?
As I mentioned, it worked for me. I was on 3.3 and forgot to enable Amazon updates before trying to install 3.4 and was unable to update. After I enabled Amazon updates, the 3.4 update installed. As far as using the hack along with the 3.1 jailbreak goes, it's not that the hack is invalid, but rather that it's redundant because the 3.1 jailbreak has this functionality built-in. However, I used the 3.2.1 jailbreak myself since my Kindle originally came with 3.2.1, and in the 3.2.1 jailbreak thread, this post by yifanlu seems to imply that the 3.2.1 jailbreak doesn't have the option to block Amazon updates, so I installed the updates provider hack to make sure that Amazon updates were blocked.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote