View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #109
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
hmmmm... curiouser and curiouser.

My brother and I have been futzing with this, I'm wondering if its method related as you suggest. When I sideload books by manually placing them in the docs folder, I see them in the documents folder on the kindle for a short while, and then they disappear. Shutting down and restarting they are still not visible from on the device itself. Books that get put into the Documents folder from calibre's "send to device method" do not have this visibility problem as far as I can tell. The other thing we've been playing with is re-converting ebooks in calibre and then placing them on the fire via different methods. There seems to be some inconsistency in the inclusion of covers that gets cleaned up if you reconvert your source file. Perhaps a reconvert (again) in calibre would help.

if any of that is helpful to you I'll be surprised, but sometimes brainstorming can be useful so I thought I'd put it out there.
I don't know... They have pdoc tags in them but it could be something to do with Calibre. It's okay though I read more non Amazon books then anything. If we ever get the Pdoc cloud then that will fix it but right now they all go on the book shelf when I sideload via dropbox.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote