View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #28
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
I have both a Sony & Kindle. I bought a kindle in April and I have had a Sony since September I think. I like them both and probably will be keeping both. I thought I would part with one but I can't! I have never been too much in gadgets like my husband so having 2 readers is still less gadgets than he has!

I like Sony's size and looks much better and if there store had the level of ebooks and prices that I see at the kindle store it would probably be my only device. I constantly find bargains at kindle store. I recently for instance got the next 2 Daniel Silva books I wanted to read for 3.29. I have caught on that the kindle store has bargains you really have to search for and they prices will jump up after a couple weeks or so. Last month I got a Heinlein book and a historical fiction book I had been meaning to read for the bargain price of 35 cents! So its things like that why I keep the kindle. And I actually do prefer the page turn buttons on kindle. They are light to the touch which is great for me since I sometimes have problems with tendon strain. I just wish the device was as thin as the Sony. I also like the font they chose on the kindle. I find it easy to read with and I like the dictionary and also like that I have 6 fonts to choose from. There are times on the Sony that a book in medium I think is a bit to small but large is to big. I never experience these problems on the kindle. I really do hate the white color! But I have bought a decalgirl skin in a blue design and that helps.

For the SOny, along with looks I really like epub. I have bought a few titles from British ebook sellers that I can't get anywhere else. So thats been really cool. In general I think both epub and Sony's format looks better than the kindle format does. Less issues that I sometimes see with kindle books like gaps between words and such.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote