View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 03:32 AM   #1
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Question Something wrong with device plugin? Author names not displayed correctly

I have a Pocketbook Touch HD and a few weeks ago I noticed that the author name is not displayed correctly in the library of the device.

In Calibre I have always used this metadata plugboard:
any format – any device: {author_sort}-->{authors}.
So the name of the author would be displayed in the form "last name, first name".
This had always worked up to a few weeks ago, when I noticed that the Touch HD only displays the last name of the author. The first name is not displayed.

Yesterday I did some experimenting and I changed the plugboard to:
any format – any device: {authors}-->{authors}.
This is necessary for the metadata for PDF files to be displayed on the device. Accordingly, the full name is displayed in the device library in the form "first name last name". However, if a book has more than one author, the following happens:
EPUB: first name last name of author 1, first name last name of author 2
PDF: first name last name of author 1 & first name last name of author 2

All my other devices display the author names correctly, "last name, first name", as I want them. That's why I was wondering if something might be wrong with the device plugin for the Pocketbook Touch HD.

In case there is no error in the device plug-in, is there a template to display the names of the authors for any format with the "&" instead of a comma?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote