View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #204
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Man, that was a lot of words just to say you have no defense for your position.
In other words, you don't choose to read people's posts or even count words -- you take in the word count gestalt.

Your response shows precisely why I'm not fisking your post:

(1) Doing so requires more thought than you've actually put into it. Responding to you at length has to be fun if it's going to be arduous.

(2) I've had the same discussion innumerable times over more than a decade. It's a stale conversation made worse because you're more interested in being right than talking about ideas.

(3) You're a zealot with a cross rather than a conversationalist with a point. If a disinterested party were talking to me about specs and limitations, that might be more interesting.

I had to leave the office an hour ago and initially regretted not having time to respond your last post at length. But then I realized that responses to your arguments don't matter because you don't care about being mistaken. You continue to assert that one can't sideload onto an iDevice no matter how many times people tell you otherwise, which shows you don't listen. Your responses are filled with presumptions, such as the idea you need to explain that a KF can be rooted and the UI overlay bypassed; that shows you probably don't even want to listen. It seems as though you're only listening to the soundtrack of your own rightness.

And then there's the fact you respond to relative statements as if they were absolute and abstract statements as if they were literally true. I'm not here to explain rhetoric and metaphors to you.

Quote:
Ad subsidies are hardly unique to Amazon (see, for example, every free app in the Apple app store), and, again, has nothing to do with side loading or restricted platforms which is what we were talking about.
"We" were not talking about anything. I'd listed the pros and cons of the KF and the iPd as I saw them and was answering someone else when you heard what you wanted and responded to what you decided to hear.

Quote:
And "harass?" Again, a seeming ignorance of the meaning of word, since there is no harassment, just a well integrated store, which OBVIOUSLY they'd like you to shop in.
An harassment of ads; get back to me once you've grasped that the term of venery I've just used is actually correct. In a poetic description, or a conversational metaphor, ads might very well harass, hector and even intone harangues. If you can't comprehend abstractions, then you lack the credibility to comment on usage.

Quote:
You do realize this is the News forum, not the Apple forum, right?
P: "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence."

A: "You do realize it's exactly the same color over there, right?"

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-25-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote