View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
If the books are free, I'm willing (but not necessarily happily willing) to have them stored in the cloud.

But if I have to pay for the book, then I want it in my hands not Google or Amazon's hands, and I want to be able to read it on the device of my choice, which excludes my computer.

However, if technology insists that I must buy the books and access them through the cloud, then I will simply put my money in the bank rather than buy any more books. I already own more books than I will ever be able to read before I die and I keep adding to that pile.
I pretty much agree with this.

Unless they're planning to do something like Kobo does. They usually have three formats (you get all of them with your purchase) web which would be the 'cloud' I guess, mobile which downloads to their proprietary app's (this could be made a cloud format too I suppose) and ePub (usually Adept restricted). If Google were to offer books in the cloud, but also some type of downloadable format similar to Kobo I'd probably be interested.

I'm definitely not interested if it'll be similar to the free reads some publishers offer on their websites.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote