View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 07:40 AM   #21
stargazertony
Connoisseur
stargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3, iPod Touch, Pre-electronic devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapar View Post
...I want to fight and contribute to the movement by boycotting, but I have two problems with it. The first is I have to deny myself and I am awful at that. The second is that I strongly suspect most publishers WANT ebook boycotts... I think they want to delay the mass acceptance of ebooks as long as possible to retain their crumbling paper book empires. .
I have no problem with denying myself. I got ticked off at Dean Koontz once because he waited 4 years to publish the 3rd book in his Frankenstein series. Didn't buy any of his other books during that time either. That might seem like obsessive behavior to some but I don't need Dean Koontz. He's lost me. Someone finally gave me a copy of it and it's still sitting around, unread. Still haven't bought any new Koontz but have found other authors who have replaced him for me.
stargazertony is offline   Reply With Quote