View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #65
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
I can think of several ways to give your e-reader texture and make it smell. Perhaps you're on to something. Maybe there is a market for crinkley, smelly e-readers!? Let's see what Amazon comes out with next!!!!
I kind of like the Kindle Mold, or maybe the Kindle Mildew? The Sony Soot? .....
They already are. Look at the PW and the rough -don't know how else to describe the new screen texture as I had not personally touched one yet. That is a big step towards getting closer to the tactile feel of old-fashioned paper.

Someone doesn't like that there is only one page? Make an ereader that folds open like a "real" book and has 2 screens. Either for 2 page display or possibly as option to have all text on one side, and book information, a small cover maybe, footnotes, dictionary lookups - all this without disturbing the main text only side. Also no need to have a seperate cover, as the screens, when shut, could be on inside.

Not sure I would like it though - I like beeing able to read one handed. I sometimes read with both hands and fold the cover open and hold it like a normal book (one handed it is folded all the way to back).

(I am aware there is some readers like that with lcd and eink - can't remember the brand - but they never appeared to be serious reading-dedicated devices)
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote