View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #38
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
It seems to me, you do not understand the fact that majority of goods is produced in China.

Every producer has problems with quality and 2-5% is quite normal even for 'established' company.

If there is dead single pixel, then it is hardly noticeable in normal use. 9 pixels in group 3x3 is noticeable, but does not make any real problem.

To my opinion m92 is good piece of hardware and only needs improve the firmware, which is anyway already satisfactory (at least for my needs).

It could be improved and I have belief that it will be. Either by Onyx or by Linux community.

If you prefer Android (just another clone of Linux) running on M92, port it yourself. Or maybe someone else will do it.

I beg your pardon. This device is not only produced in China, it is designed there.
What is your source of information in concern of quality/defectice devices?
The Pixel-"Problem" though seems to be blown completey out of proportion.
The software could be improved - certainly - but at what pace?
The Linux-Community does not seem to be interested in a niche-product. Check Pocketbook for that. They are longer in the market.
Android is another clone, true - but with any number of apps.
In the end we will see how many people are willing to going down a dead end street.
The vast majority of Ereaders are based on Android: for a very good reason.

Last edited by Beryll Snyder; 01-19-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote