Thread: Touch Power code regression?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #60
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Really though. The coincidence is much too big for it to really be hardware...
The frustrating thing is, who can honestly say? I agree that after three touches, it's pretty unlikely all could suffer from a hardware fault. Yet I've got nothing other than suspicions that it's software related (firmware, epub construction, what-have-you). Most people seem to RMA for poor battery life, but I haven't read much feedback to convince me the replacements have been any better. Have you? Is your new Glo better?

Believe it or not I can live with most UI bugs like non-working fonts, overt marketing, non-sticky pages and even dead taps/double taps etc. I can work around them as long as I get to read an epub with a near-paper viewing experience and enjoy long battery life so I can actually use it for away from a socket for more than a few weeks. Something akin to my old Palm V perhaps, which could manage a couple of months of adhoc usage between charges.

Long battery life is simply non-negotiable for me and with no word from Kobo as to why these units do not peform to the specifications claimed, (not even a "stick with it - it's a firmware bug we're working on") I'm left with little alternative but to ask for yet another replacement or simply ask for a refund
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote