View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #83
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
The colors and all the good pictures on Engadget even impressed my husband and that is hard for any electronic device to do. Mostly he is amused by my interest in e-book readers, but this one seemed to actually interest him as well.

My favorite picture shows the 3? font types and the 8 sizes. I did like that feature quite a bit.

I've been waiting for the Astak products since I read the first hints of them over a year ago and I'm now holding out for something with the Epson controller and the replacable battery. This is so pretty that it is tempting. Kind of like Jeff Foxworthy's old joke about bass boats having a glitter finish to lure us in...

I want to know more about exactly what accessories are offered for what kinds of prices, and a confirmation of the controller before I give it any serious consideration. The 8 shades of grayscale hint at the Epson controller to me, but it would be nice to know. A newer chassis style with better page turning buttons would also be a big point for me. I haven't held out this long to go second class on the features I feel are important.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote