Thread: MobileRead 2015 Categories Discussion
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #21
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Dazrin, is your data based on the number of votes or voters? There is a slight difference due to multiple choice. I was wondering which categories got MRs excited about participating. But you are right, it does depend on what is nominated.

To be honest, I think Mims has hit the nail on the head in terms of decreased participation. The current categories lead a little bit towards literary nominations. In particular:

April — Classics
June — Award Winners
September — Banned or Challenged Books
October — Patricia Clark Memorial Library (MobileRead Library)
November — Foreign (Books originally written in a language other than English)

There are some genres that are not represented directly in the categories, such as fantasy, that can only get in "through the back door" i.e. being an award winner. I am trying hard to participate in the Book Club so I'm excited at the possibility of broadening the categories next year.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote