View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
like everything?...yesterday i was charging kobo, plug the charger cable out, and kobo stopped for a minute. just stopped, i thought it was frozen again. after awhile it works back...i was reading a book. finished. deleted book. kobo froze. i was reading another book. delete it. library has frozen...every simple task looks like enormous strain for kobo, it makes my reading experience miserable...
From my experience with a Touch and a Glo, I can only agree with the first one. It can take a long time to recognise the cable has been disconnected. None of the others occur with any frequency. In the last week while I have been on holidays, I have read for at least four hours a day. I have complete several books, added some, deleted some, played with the font sizes while reading, used the WiFi to sync and downloaded a purchased books, browsed the web a little bit. About the only thing I haven't done is play one of the games. In that time I have had one freeze. The device isn't fast (five seconds to close a book and return to the home screen) but I don't expect to be.

What you describe sounds bad. Did it recover after these freezes or did you have to restart it? If it did recover, how long?

In any case, it sounds like either the device is faulty, or a firmware update has been applied incorrectly. What firmware are you using and how did it get there? In any case, I would suggest doing a factory reset and letting the device reinstall the updates. If it isn't better after that, take it back and get a replacement.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote