View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 05:05 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Pocket Mechanic contains malicious code - update2

I removed Tad's technical analysis (post #11) regarding the hard-reset code in Pocket Mechanic. Although reverse engineering software per se is not illegal (copyright infringement, or patching software to defeat copy protection or DRM schemes is), we don't want to post this kind of detail here.

I think it is up to you to decide what to do with this information. Personally I think the risk of having a hard-reset when using a legitimate license is very low; Tomov proved to be a capable programmer and I am sure he has built in various checksum checks to diminish the risk of entering a wrong serial "by accident".

On the other hand, if you are using an illegal license, don't come crying later and say that you haven't been warned.