View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
The Kobo Wireless Reader does things differently than the Kobo Reader when it comes to power.

Specifically:

- The Kobo Wireless Reader never turns itself off automatically. It just goes to sleep after 15 minutes. If you want to turn it off, hold the power button down for 3 seconds or more.

- The Kobo Wireless Reader has support for Newspapers and wakes up periodically to check if there are any newspapers waiting for you for download. The current firmware checks more often than it should, and we're fixing that in an update early next week - hopefully Monday.

Hate to disagree with you, but the Kobo, either intentional or not, will shut off on its own, however I'm not sure how long it takes. The most recent time it shut off was overnight last night for me. I finished reading and just put it on my night table, not even putting it to sleep. When I went to leave for work this morning, it was in power down mode. I've come accross the same situation at work when taking it out of my desk this week.

The other issue that I found in this is that my settings are getting reset some how. I too had noticed that my device had turned itself on from sleep mode today (saw it out of the corner of my eye), and after checking here, I went and looked at my settings and found, that while the date itself was right, the time was off by +4hrs, was showing GMT time zone instead of Eastern (-5hrs), that the power off option was changed to show book cover (I had noticed this this morning when I saw that it was powered off), and that the check for newspapers and magazines was turned back on (I had shut it off because newspapers and magazines were not available in my region). So, this needs to get fixed too and I'll open a support ticket for it.

At least this turning on to check for newspaper updates should explain why my battery only lasted 3 days of light reading..

Last edited by Psyke; 10-22-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote