View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #16
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Well, lab126 still can't count.

5.3.7 is out now, and it is for the K5-Touch
whereas 5.3.6 was for the K5-Paperwhite
Well technically, they're both major version 5.3 ... so it's confusing, but it does make sense, somehow. After the horrible experience with 5.3.6, I fear that 5.3.7 is the same crap, for a different device. No way -- I'm not installing it.
Quote:
(Perhaps just wait for K-Tizen 1.0 - - Oops, Tizen doesn't use Java and is 100% open source)
Hehe... when will it be released?

I'm not a Java fanatic, and I'm not afraid of C++ - but I strongly dislike it. The way that it does OO just feels... wrong. (not to mention all the other stuff which brings productivity to a screeching halt. In C++, like 75% of the time is spent with useless low-level stuff like taking care of memory management yourself.)

[ BTW, take a look at Scala - I'm currently learning it because it's used in the project I'm now working in. Extremely interesting and powerful language. Kinda like the evolution of Java/C#, plus the strengths of functional programming, and much more. ]

I'd personally be interested in Android on the Kindles. It must be possible, somehow...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote