View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #4
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-eBook-Reader View Post
When you can by a new hardcover for less than the ebook there's something seriously wrong with the system.
Hell. There's something seriously wrong with the system when you can do that with any book... and yet that's the case.

I can routinely find discounts of at least 25% on a book - 33% on hardcovers/trades from Amazon, 25% or 30% on mass markets via Borders' weekly newsletters. If they're not going to let retailers discount, they need to price mass-market books at least 25% below print, and trades/hardcovers at least 33% below print (more, on popular titles, since those can plummet as low as 50% of list price).

Simon and Schuster is at least doing some discounting on their "mass market" titles, which is better than the HarperCollins ones I've looked at (print list at Amazon, 9% above at Kobo - I've sent an e-mail about the latter, I bet they're getting Canadian prices instead of US). Still not enough to get me to pull the trigger on a book I want, though.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote