View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
Thumbs down The New Agency Pricing Scheme is Total B.S.

As I anxiously await for my iPad to arrive to get started on the review, I've been doing some looking around at the new ebook prices.

The other day I was watching Apple's video demo of the iBooks app when I noticed that they had Stephen King's Under the Dome listed for $14.99 (not sure what it's selling for now).

At the time, all the major ebook stores were selling it for around $9.99.

Today it is up to $16.99 on Amazon and B&N, and $18.69 on Kobo (how does that make any sense?).

Anyway, right next to the ebook price on Amazon you see that they are selling the hardcover for $15.99 new and 10.11 used. Granted you have to pay shipping but still . . .

I also noticed that Amazon now has this to say below the publisher listing: This price was set by the publisher.

Madness, I say. Madness. When you can by a new hardcover for less than the ebook there's something seriously wrong with the system.

Last edited by The-eBook-Reader; 04-03-2010 at 03:56 PM.
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote