Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #77
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I can prepare any free book because it happens with all.
A lot of epubs from the Gutenberg project have a declaration for h1-6 in the css file. If they are to be centered this is declared there via the align attribute (deprecated since at least HTML 4.01). The kepub rendering engine does honor these declarations. At least, I can say this about my KT (FW 2.3.1). So it seems that the rendering engines for epubs and kepubs use different default values for h1-h6 if there is no declaration. (I am supposing here that your epubs don't have this declaration.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
And, if you remove the ".kepub"from the name, rendering as ePub center the title. The only thing I've noted is that the driver add some <span> tags with a class "kobo1.1" (or something like that) that is not included in the css.
kobo1.1 and so on are actually unique identifiers (rather than classes) that go easily into the hundreds. So it is no real surprise that there is no corresponding declaration in the css file. (Edit: I seems that in some books (or only in books from Rakuten?) there is also a class defined (class="koboSpan").)

Last edited by tshering; 02-08-2013 at 06:51 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote