View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Can someone who prefers reading in landscape mode explain to me why they prefer those long lines? Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing you, I just don't understand. Researchers tell us that a line length of approximately 8 words is optimal for reading comfort and speed.
I have two readers on which I occasionally read landscape, the Bookeen Opus and iRiver Story HD.
The Opus is 5" only so the length of the line is not that critical. But nevertheless Bookeen implemented a two-column mode here.
On the iRiver I sometimes read pdf files in landscape. The number of words/syllables in a line is then exactly like in a book, so it can't be too wrong.
With both readers, the buttons are more convenient to reach in landscape, at least for a left-hander.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote