View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
huari
Enthusiast
huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle me, Sony Reader missus
new kindle update 1.2, changes to Experimental

Hi,

My Kindle crashed (a rare occurrence) so on reset I thought I'd check the updates. Lo and behold, a new update in the form of 1.2 arrived, but I noticed gone now is that NowNow, mechanical turk kindle answerer thingy. The Experimental section just lists Basic Web and Play Music.

I also noticed the menu now says:' Sync and Check for new items' when it used to just be 'check for new items'. I wonder if that 'sync' was just a play on words or there is some upcoming functionality for us early Kindle adopters.

Other than that I haven't noticed much difference, and I'm still lovin' my old K1.

Anyone else notice any differences?

ps i just entered the contest for a Kindle 2 for the missus, if i win, I'll post the firmware differences
huari is offline   Reply With Quote