View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #21518
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
No, that's a fairly basic blending method. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Ultimately, I'd like to come up with a better version of this Scottish Breakfast Blend which is a broken-leaf blend of some India blacks and Lapsang Souchong. I like the smokiness, but the underlying blend is just not quite right.

In your case, I'd guess that you're trying to tone down the bergamot in the Earl Grey. I've got a blend here that has just a touch of bergemot in it -- Peet's Russian Caravan. Not so much that I won't drink it (most Earl Greys are just too intense for me), but enough to notice, certainly.

Again, it's all about YOUR personal taste. If it works for you, great. Yeah, I can be a bit of a tea snob some times, but ultimately I'm glad you've found a tea you like, whatever it is. All I really stress is to try new teas when the opportunity presents. That's how you grow your appreciation of tea in general.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote