View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by byblo View Post
I received this ereader two days ago (my first ebook. been waiting for years before finding something fitting my needs), and this feature is irritating me incredibly.

I can accommodate all the limitation and bugs of this machine, but that one :s

Is there a way to disable this behavior directly on the ereader, instead of editing the whole ebooks collection ?
Not as far as I know. As far as the ereader is concerned, if there are entries in the TOC, the first entry is where the publisher wants the book to open. This fits in with Kobo's philosophy about following the publisher layout as far as possible.

Personally, when I edit an ebook, I remove the TOC entries prior to the first page I want to read so I can miss the cover page, the author's book list, blurbs about the publisher, dedication, etc.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote