View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #118
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
<Shakes his head> ... So only the privileged can read what they want? Everyone else can read cereal boxes or the dictionary or whatever? Seriously?? What a horrible attitude.

Needless to say, I think I'm done with this conversation.
For someone who is a reader, you don't seem to read very well. I said that people who want to read will read anything. I did NOT say that people who have nothing to read should read the dictionary or cereal boxes.

Anyone who WANTS to read can find books to read. The problem is that not very many people want to read. And a bigger problem is that our schools seem to have become incapable of teaching people to read.

Libraries will survive by becoming post-literate institutions. Internet, CDs, DVDs, after school babysitting, haunts of the homeless - all this is available at the library. Books, well, yeah, for a while longer, at a loss.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote