View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
I write non-fiction and part of my credibility comes from what I did for a living. The first book was a how-to for criminal investigators and my last a memoir –thus I really couldn't publish under a pen name. But I do appreciate living anonymously –note I post using a nickname. Recently I was asked to talk about my last book in front of the local Rotary Club and I passed. And that might sound crazy to other authors but I live in a small town of 3,000 and I'd rather live here as "me". Had the offer come from outa town, I would have jumped on it.

Make any sense?
If that's your real name on the cover in your avatar photo, I think your secret's out. Unless you publish under your real name and and LIVE under a pseudonym!

For myself, the few non-fiction pieces I've published have been under my real name.
If I ever try my hand at fiction, I might choose a pen name, partially because my real last name is not that easy to read or remember, but also because, if it flops, I can throw the name away and start again with an unblemished reputation.

Last edited by ApK; 07-24-2012 at 03:34 PM.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote