View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool PDF is awful....

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkinggoat View Post
I know there's a bug... I read the sticky, but Calibre is removing ll's from everything; even words like all will be replaced with al. I've tried using the checkbox to keep ligatures, but it doesn't do anything.

Is this normal behavior and something I'll just have to live with?
This is a common problem when Calibre converts certain PDFs that are generated by certain (presently which ones do this is unknown to me) PDF generating software. If setting calibre to 'keep ligatures' before converting doesn't help the situation then try printing the afflicted PDF with PDFCreator installed (choose PDFCreator as your destination printer) which will create a new PDF file (it doesn't output anything to your printer) and then add it as a new book to Calibre and convert this new PDF file.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote