View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 04:25 AM   #23
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallOfSound View Post
I'm so jealous of you people that find reading on a LCD screen fine, it absolutely kills me. Sometimes after a day spent hunched over a computer screen working away I get worried about driving home because the eye strain can get so bad I'm nervous about my vision (can't read number plates within 20 yards of me etc).
My take on this is that if you used e-ink in the same way then you would also feel the same.

Its not the screen technology but the position, your position and how long you stare at it.

I bet if it were researched the reason most people here get less eyestrain when using a e-ink display is due to shorter stare times(time between looking away fdrom screen even if for a few seconds) better posture, used for a less stressful reason! etc etc

the eye cant be strained by looking at LCD that is a fact! if you stared at a piece of paper it would have the same effect.

what is actually happening is people are using LCD screens completely differently to eink its not the screen its the way its used.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote