View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
carogray
carogray began at the beginning.

Device: all e-books
I think I didn't communicate the question clearly enough.

Our audience/readers is comprised of low income clients, lay advocates and attorneys. Some people have computers, some e-readers and some just use the printed version of the books.

If we are in a meeting and someone has an ereader, someone else has downloaded the PDF version of the book to their tablet - some people are used to PDF files and reluctant to try new things and some people only have printed books, if we all want to discuss a certain question we can either simply say See Question 53 or, we can say go to Page 158 in the printed book - this way every one can end up in the same place.

Remember in High School when it was possible to get different copies of the same book and Chapter 13 was on a different page number in every edition of the book? This was what I was asking about. So turn to page x would not get everyone to the same place, if the TOC for the printed book were an appendix then people with e-readers would know where to find the information that people with PDF and printed versions were mentioning.

This was the nature of my question.

C
carogray is offline   Reply With Quote