View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Second, when using Calibre, it's possible to use the Count Pages plugin, setting it to your preferred way of counting, and when you sent your book, the TOC is numbered; and it's numbered correctly. One "page" does not have to be one screen. Amazon has this same feature on some books as well.

I actually like the second option a lot. With the page length set to 2400 characters, the Page Count plugin generates page numbers that are very comparable to a normal paperback. It gives me a good sense how big the ebook would be if I'd read it in paper.
I'm pretty sure the TOC numbering is for Kindles only. There is an option for it on the driver configuration. And it is independent of the Count Pages plugin. But, it is a good way to get an idea of how long a books is.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote