View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #33
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
After installing the Nova launcher yesterday, things were... decent. A bit of system lag, here and there, but otherwise usable. This morning, however, my Arc took over a full minute to boot up (normally takes ~30s) and is generally slow and laggy - especially when the wi-fi drops out (and it's definitely the Arc and not my router as my brother had no trouble on his laptop and I had no trouble on my desktop) and it freezes the system while trying to find a connection.

Now, to factory reset or not to factory reset? That is the question. It's a major task, especially getting everything back on... (10GB of music takes forever to reload over USB 2.0 :/)

EDIT: CRAP! Plugged it in 'cos the battery's getting low, and the battery icon stayed unchanged and (having to go into settings now to see this, of course) stayed listed as charging... Hooked it to my computer and it didn't get detected, though Windows beeped for it like any external mass storage device. Guess the USB port's dead. FUCK.

EDIT 2: A reboot fixed it. Gods only know why.

EDIT 3: Still charging (a lot slower than it used to, BTW) and the charging LED went out once it hit 90% instead of staying on while plugged in like it's supposed to. Ugh.

Last edited by JD Gumby; 03-23-2013 at 09:37 AM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote