View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #31
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG View Post
Can someone post some screenshots of Jelly Bean on Kobo?

I gather it looks like the Nexus 7. I prefer the way Acer did the Iconia A700.

That image is very much like what was the kobo arc on 4.0.4 ICS. That layout works for a tablet as most type with their thumbs so keeping the function buttons on the lower bar on the left and right in landscape is much more useable. Even in portait mode people use their thumbs and hold the tablet at he bottom. This whole new setup is designed for one handed use on a phone.What it appears the kobo "developers" have done is attach their launcher onto a stock android phone jellybean layout. I suppose it was easier and quicker than adapting for a tablet. It is obvious very little thought went into this upgrade and the minimal was done to get it out. Even Robins copy and paste description of new features displays the lack of attention to detail.ie returning calls from the notification bar. Kobo should have stuck to books and readers. They don't seem to understand tablets.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote